FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3rd time buying: So far, so good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ness180 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ness180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3rd time buying: So far, so good
    Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 3:50pm
Hello CP Forum!

I've recently ordered/received my 3rd CyberPower-built computer. I previously bought rigs from CP in 2009 and 2012 respectively and like my other CP rigs, everything looks good so far. A big reason for having such good buying experiences each time is because of the helping members of this forum. The knowledge and suggestions they have is a huge resource that I wish every CP customer took advantage of.

With that said, let's get into the details of my order:
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1635]
  • BLKFRISALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [+0]
  • BLKFRISALE2: RAZER Abyssus Black Wired Optical Gaming Mouse + Goliathus Control Speed Gaming MousePad Bundle [+0]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CAS: Cooler Master Storm Stryker Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 200mm Fan, Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock, and Easy Carry Handle [+97]
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
  • CC: None
  • CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive [+49] (BLACK COLOR)
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700K 4.20GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Kaby Lake)
  • CS_FAN: 3X Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fans [+39]
  • DOCKINGSTATION: None
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+30] (4 x (Push-Pull) Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition Fan [+48])
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • HD_M2SSD: 512GB SAMSUNG 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - 3500MB/s Read & 2100MB/s Write [+397] (Single Drive)
  • HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None
  • HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [-52] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • INSTRUCTION: FREE $50 Amex Gift Card with all Desktops or Laptops purchase
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: None
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+60] (Patriot Viper Elite)
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe, U.2 [Intel Optane Ready] [+116]
  • MOUSE: None
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - EVGA 850W GQ 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [White] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
  • RUSH: No-Rush Delivery: order will ship in 3 to 4 weeks. 5% off on all orders over $999 must enter coupon code "NORUSH" during check out.
  • SECURITY: None
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TEMP: Lamptron CW611 6-Channel LCD Fan Controller [+69]
  • TUNING: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel [+29]
  • TVRC: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA TITAN X 12GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+772] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+10]
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+3376)

Actual price for the rig ended up being $3,188.20

My initial budget was ~3,000 so I did go over budget a little. In hindsight, I could've saved a little money and not paid for the pro wiring since the case I have is designed to hide most of the wiring and make everything look clean. I didn't need the Lamptron fan controller either but ultimately I wanted it for aesthetic purposes. After using it, it is quite nice to have.

Order placed: 2/6/2017
Expected shipping date: 2/21/2017
Warehouse: 2/7/2017
Assembly: 2/16/2017
QC: 2/17/2017
Final QC: 2/17/2017
Actual shipping date: 2/20/2017
Received: 2/24/2017

Very satisfied with the timely progress of CP building the computer and shipping out to me. It was nice to receive e-mails when my order was moving to different stages as I wasn't checking the order status every day. CP did a good job of making sure the computer was protected during the shipping trip. I fully expected to see a box damaged from wear and tear by UPS but to my amazement UPS must've handled my computer with some care.

Unboxing took a little bit of time since I made sure to take a lot of pictures of the process in case anything might've got damaged during shipping. I proceeded to remove the packaging foam inside the computer case that was protecting the components. Checked all the components and wiring to make sure nothing was loose or disconnected, everything was good.

Finally reached one of the biggest and pivotal tests....firing up the computer and huzzah! It booted up and boy is it quick! Thank god for the creation of solid state drives. After going through Windows 10 setup, I went through the tests. Memtest, Intel burn in, and furmark. RAM is fine and my case fans/liquid cooler is keeping things properly cooled. So I went through installing Windows updates and installing the programs and what not that I use. There weren't a whole lot of driver updates that I had to install which was nice. 

I finished creating a backup of OS drive. So the next step is to have some fun! I plan to post back here in a month or two with an update on how things are going. I'll also post in the photo gallery board with photos of my new rig and command center. So for now, in conclusion, I am thoroughly satisfied with the computer I received and buying from CP was once again another pleasant experience. I'll continue to be a returning customer and I have no issue recommending CyberPower to people who want a custom computer. 

Prospective buyers: I'll say it again, take advantage of the CP forum! Even if you think you are an expert and know everything! It's always nice having other sets of eyes looking over your build configuration.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic