FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3D Rendering and Animation build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jobuscus View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jobuscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3D Rendering and Animation build
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:03pm
Hello. I'm looking at purchasing a pc that will manly be used for 3D Rendering and Animation. I will probably use it for gaming, but that is not the main focus. My budget as of right now is about $1500. I was wondering what components I should pour more of my budget into. Would an RTX 2070 be a sufficient GPU? Also is it easy to find a motherboard capable of utilizing two GPUs with my budget? 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:48am
3D & animation work is cpu intense, 6 to 12 cores. The more cores the faster the work gets done. Your GPU is secondary as it only displays. 16 GB's of RAM minimum. This would be a case where more than that can help, but is not critical. The issue with a MOBO  (most can) that you can install a second GPU is you have to watch what speed the second slot runs at. Most of them will run a second slot at half the speed, so a second GPU will not get you double the performance. Again for this type of work it is not critical. This more for visual improvement with gaming.

Intel is the industry leader for the most part and I especially like Nvidia GPU's. Intel & Nvidia will cost you more. Nvidia for the performance gain is overpriced. I am running an AMD system with an Nvidia GPU myself. To keep you cost in check the system listed below has an AMD 12 core cpu running 24 threads this will help blow through work compared to a quad, six or eight core CPU. Using an AMD GPU with decent performance will shave another $200.00 to $300.00 off the system price but will perform fine. Now AMD typically runs hotter so I selected a case that comes with 6 fans and included a 240mm sealed cpu coolers. Included an ultra fast NVMe drive for blazing fast boot & load times and a 1TB platter drive for storage. Started with 16GB's of RAM which you can install an additional 16GB's in the future.

This is a general beast. Base price $1,616.00 use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off the total gets you to $1,536.00. I also included the ultra care packing to protect it form UPS, the premium warranty which gets you a full year of free shipping in case you need to send it or a component in for work and the professional wiring. These total about $60.00. This MOBO also has two PCIe 16 slots for dual GPU's without performance loss (you won't need it).

You can't beat this for what your wanting to do without a serious price increase.

Configuration#: 1LKU27 (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1LKU27)

*BASE_PRICE: [+999]
CABLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CAS: CyberPowerPC FURION Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front/Top & Both Side Tempered Glass + 6X Dual Light Loop 120mm RGB Fans & Controller [+26]
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Cache 105W Processor [+310]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel) [+10]
FREEBIE_CU1: AMD 2019 Xbox Game Pass for PC Game Bundle [+0]
HDD: 500GB WD Black� SN750 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3470/2600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 220/380k [+40] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 1TB WD Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [+48] (Single Drive)
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None [-5]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming AM4 ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
MOUSE: None [-3]
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply [+64]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
PROJECTOR: None
PROMOSALE1: CyberPowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5] (Blue (Clicky))
PROMOSALE3: CyberPowerPC AULA Explosive 50mm Drive Analog Gaming Headset [White & Orange] [+5]
PROMOSALE4: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS.
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 590 8GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] [+55] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
WNC: None
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+1616)

Edited by GAN1957 - 16 Jul 2019 at 4:49am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic