FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

30gb ssd x2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
solidsteele View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidsteele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30gb ssd x2
    Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 9:57am
idk if im in the right forum topic area but here goes

i have two 30gb ssd drives that are in RAID 0.. Cp did this and ive been told it is not a good idea due to SSD's being well, solid..  i wont go into my hypothesis but can i just instal win 7 on my Hdd and erase the raid-0 setup in my bios?  or will i have to do something inside my case.. the bios isn't a problem that has stayed the same since i was a kid, im just curious of the steps of doing it properly.. i dont mind losing data i just want my SSD's to function properly for a long time and not a lil while

*UPDATE* yes they are the sh*tty 30gb kingston drives lol, $74 for 60gb isn't to bad i guess .. if u have any  opinions about what i should do Besides throw them away and get intel i'd be happy to hear them

Edited by solidsteele - 10 Dec 2010 at 9:59am
"240mm liquid cooled"
-looped
- HD 5770x2-XFX
-SamsungBluRay
-Asus EVO 870chip
-60g SSD-(30x2-raid0) Kingston
-600gb Sata III-6gb-WD
-8gb ddr3 1600-Corsair
-850w thermTake
2x15"portrait
Navarone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navarone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 3:15pm
Going w/Intel would make Binary a very happy man! Thumbs%20Up

I'd go with something else that has a faster read & WRITE.  Yes, fast write speed is important because some of the gfx & video editing apps I use write to the hd.

I got the Corsair Force F40 SSD.  I haven't worked on the computer yet so can't say how the performance is.  So far booting/shutting down the comp is pretty fast.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

- Jack Handey -
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic