New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - $12 fan controller/temp screen, adjust the temps?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

$12 fan controller/temp screen, adjust the temps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DJEuthe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEuthe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $12 fan controller/temp screen, adjust the temps?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 12:33am
I just got my pc today it's working well so far - some minor problems though(i'll post some pics and my experience in a few days).

I can't adjust the readings on my temperature/fan controller.The display is off by about 5-10 degrees Celsius, it's annoying. I figured out how to set the clock on it. It seems like I can adjust the temperature doing the same procedure:

I hold the set key until the hour in the clock flashes, I press set againg until the gpu temp flashes, I then use the up and down keys to adjust it, I press set again to supposedly "set" it, but it just stops flashing and goes back to what It originally displayed. Why can't I adjust the temperature readings like I can the clock?

Also, CP just scotch taped the sensors to their respective spots, is this right? It seems ghetto, is there a certain spot I should put the sensors to get the most accurate reading since I can't manually adjust what the screen says. should I use black electrical tape instead?

Edited by DJEuthe - 14 Jun 2009 at 12:40am
peter0328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter0328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 10:33am
When you are changing the temp like you said you are changing what temperature the alarm goes off at.  CP did the same scotch tape thing for me, I don't know if it is good or not.
Intel Core i7 940
GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P
Asetek LCLC
12GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator
2x1TB RAID 0
2x1TB
LG BD Write/HD DVD Read
Quad SLI EVGA GTX 295
NZXT Khaos
Windows 7 RC1 x64
DJEuthe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEuthe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by peter0328 peter0328 wrote:

When you are changing the temp like you said you are changing what temperature the alarm goes off at.  CP did the same scotch tape thing for me, I don't know if it is good or not.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess I can't really calibrate the display to be correct, oh well it's a kick ass clock.

Also, it seems the knob is more like an on/off switch, as the fans it is connected to don't speed up when I turn the knob up. The fans connected to it can be either on or off, not adjusted.

I think I'll be getting a new fan controller/temp monitor off newegg soon, this one sucks.

One more thing, the backlight can't be turned off, it is too bright when I'm trying to sleep, I can turn every light off except the backlight and the little red light on the card reader.

Edited by DJEuthe - 15 Jun 2009 at 8:45pm
peter0328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter0328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 10:45pm
That sucks dude.  This is why I keep all my computers in my basement and only use my room for sleeping, so I don't need to deal with bright lights lol.
Intel Core i7 940
GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P
Asetek LCLC
12GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator
2x1TB RAID 0
2x1TB
LG BD Write/HD DVD Read
Quad SLI EVGA GTX 295
NZXT Khaos
Windows 7 RC1 x64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic