FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10/100/1000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Menoch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10/100/1000
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:24pm
Just wonder how does this differ from just the 10/100 to the 10/100/1000 which I selected to get?
Rejor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rejor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:45pm
I'm guessing your talking about lan cards? I'm not positive myself, but I think that's just the ability to transfer that much information. It doesn't mean that it will transfer info at that rate of speed, just that it CAN transfer it.

Of course I can also be completely wrong. network stuff isn't my forte' lol.
8xid_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8xid_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:25pm
You get like 1fps extra on avg.
I have one. Waste of money. It's only useful if you're running fiber optic or a 16mbs connection.
Menoch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 7:41am
Thank you very much it was very helpfull, it was just a little upgrade from just getting the 10/100 but just didnt know how it benifeted from it.Approve
8xid_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8xid_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 8:18am
I do have to say that if your doing allot of LAN party type stuff, you will only go as fast as the server your connected to will allow. So if your building a server that's a good deal, and if your building a game system that will connect to TAHT server it's a better deal because you will scream compared to everyone else at the LAN.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic