Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customer Service & Tech Support
 CyberPower Forum : Support : Customer Service & Tech Support
Message Icon Topic: How to do a factory system restore? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
jamcor4

Online Status: Offline
Quote jamcor4 Replybullet Topic: How to do a factory system restore?
    Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:36pm
Hi, I am wanting to do a factory restore on my system, but I am unsure of how to do it. I have looked through the menus that are available at startup but have not seen anything yet. I know on some computers it is either F8 or Alt-F10 to get to the factory restore options, but that does not seem to work here. I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Thanks in advance for the help!
jm
IP IP Logged
hunter2618

Quote hunter2618 Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:38pm
insert the windows cd in & run that
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
IP IP Logged
jamcor4

Quote jamcor4 Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:02pm
i did that, this is what happened:
The default Vista background appeared and it said please wait, but then a dialog box popped up that said

"The upgrade cannot be started due to compatibility issues. The upgrade cannot be started. To upgrade, cancel the installation and then choose to upgrade to a version of Windows that is more recent than the version you are currently running."

I browsed the rest of the files on the cd, but did not see anything obvious to me that was for restoring. Is there a different executable file that I need to run instead of just the Setup.exe?
jm
IP IP Logged
BinaryBummer

Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:44am
Is this a stand alone vista 64 version  or is it a upgrade version?

Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
IP IP Logged
jamcor4

Quote jamcor4 Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:27am
im pretty sure its a stand alone vista 64 version, the disc is just what was installed on the hard drive at the factory.
jm
IP IP Logged
BinaryBummer

Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:26pm
Hmm this sounds like it is detecting a newer version installed, such as a newer service pack.  This will take a bit more looking into.  Sorry I had storm earlier and didn't make it online for awhile.

It is looking like you may need a version of XP installed prior to upgrading.

Edited by BinaryBummer - 16 May 2010 at 1:42pm
Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
IP IP Logged
jamcor4

Quote jamcor4 Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:53pm
You are correct, I just looked into my system information, and I have service pack 2, and the cd is for service pack 1. Does this mean that I have to revert back to sp 1 before I can do a factory restore? Or is there some way to do it from the boot screen or something?
jm
IP IP Logged
smulla

Quote smulla Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 3:23pm
you will need a bootable disk and first format your computer and install the fresh copy of vista sp1 disk and rerun it.

Read up about it:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/bootcddvd.htm

http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/clean4.htmlhttp://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/clean4.html

Edited by smulla - 16 May 2010 at 3:24pm
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. Pulp Fiction-Jules

XQPack 2
AMD 630
8 gigs ddr2
Gigabyte 785G
HIS IceQ4 4850 512mb
TT TR2 RX 650
Samsung 128 gb SSD
IP IP Logged
jamcor4

Quote jamcor4 Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 7:22pm
I have the disk, but I am unsure of what you mean by formatting, and I am not too familiar with re-installing operating systems. I apologize for be ignorant, but could you please clarify a bit? Also, the computer has just recently been randomly restarting for no apparent reason, and it froze completely once. I am hoping that a factory restore will fix this, once I am able to do so.
jm
IP IP Logged
BinaryBummer

Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2010 at 7:43pm
If you are having crashes there may be other factors causing this.
What you have to determine is why it is doing such.  Simply reinstalling does not fix any hardware issues.  First thing is What were the symtoms when it began to act up?
Also no one can help you determine anything without listing your system specs.  Also if you don't understand formatting, then you should try to find someone you know that does understand how to format and install.
Mostly this is how I learn,  Crash course by hours of research.
There are rules that have to be followed in doing such.
Lets start by getting some system specs on your system.
Next post what led you to wanting to reinstall, the cause and how long it has been going on?

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version