Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Music & Entertainment
 CyberPower Forum : Entertainment : Music & Entertainment
Message Icon Topic: Creative Sound Cards Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
BinaryBummer

Online Status: Offline
Quote BinaryBummer Replybullet Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Cellsp

The speed at which they transfer data?

This is my first desktop in a long time. My older computers (like 10 years ago) all had separate sound cards in them. Then again at that time on-board sound cards weren't really something you saw. I always used sound blaster and the drivers were always finicky and hard to find for your OS. However, SB was considered the best.

Looks like Amazon sells SB's best for $160. It comes with a 5.25" front bay output with RCA outs which is nice. They have just the card for $110. Are these really so much better than the integrated cards that come with the nicer motherboards?

That 160 dollar card and bay is nice if you use all the MIDI and other stuff.  Otherwise it really isn't that good of a deal having to route more cables in your system again..  The RCA is nice but I bought RCA to 1/8" Mini Stereo to cover that.  So I end up with a miltiple extensions on the back to cover all of the hookups.
BTW the Titanium card does come with the Opticals on the back too.
Many years ago I spent the mother load on that front 5.25 panel and you know I can't say I made enough use of it to justify.  They do look good with some cases but I am wondering what else to add or if I should.
Wink
Include your Customer Order Number in your post if you are having Issues This helps Tech Support to review your system.
Times, dates, phone/cell number/s you can be contacted at.
IP IP Logged
dennisse

Quote dennisse Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 2:06pm
So much looking forward for my new sound card bought it online.
So thankful to have the best ">cosmetic surgeon Marin County
IP IP Logged
collcyber

Quote collcyber Replybullet Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 12:41pm
well i have never used another sound card. i don't know but my onboard 7.1 sound card works pretty well for me. and supports the OS really well.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version