Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Newbies & Guests
 CyberPower Forum : General Information : Newbies & Guests
Message Icon Topic: Cyberpower or Ibuypower better?(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
ket222

Online Status: Offline
bullet Topic: Cyberpower or Ibuypower better?
    Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 10:30am
I know there might be some connection between these companies (or not!) based on rumors, but in either case the prices are great although reviews are mixed on customer service and final product.

Do you have a sense about which company is best to go with?  Which is more likely to have less problems and fewer delays?  Actually, my MAIN concern is not getting any problems the day i receive the computer such as unplugged in wires or unworkable system.  will ordering the extra packing option help a great deal with this?    I know they have TONS of business now--does that make it more likely there will be more problems?

also who is easier to reach in case of technical difficulties?

also which is likely to have less delays if I order the gtx295?  how much more does that delay typically? 
IP IP Logged
boink

bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 10:40am

i've heard right now they are both pretty backed up with business...makes sense being that everyone is getting their tax returns and blowing it on a new toy (me included).  So regardless if there is a "connection" between the companies or not, either place you go there are going to be delays...

also i've heard the Extra Packaging isn't worth it...but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

You are talking about the most popular card out right now...anywhere you get it you are going to be looking at delays.  prob better off getting it on new egg or something like that and putting it in yourself...but unless you know what you are doing, i would just plan for at least 2weeks from order to delivery where every you decide to go.
NZXT Zero 2
I7-920 2.66
WD Cavalier Black
CM V8
Asus P6T Intel X58
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
CyberPower 800W PSU
EVGA GTX285
Windows XP Pro 64 (F* Vista)
IP IP Logged
Chazman
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:30pm
After being jagged around for over 3 weeks and no progress on my computer, I fired Cyberpower and went with Ibuypower ordering almost the exact setup rig on a 24 hrs. rush order for only about $100. more.

Now 96 hrs. later, I have no computer, no progress on the status window and 3, 1/2 hrs. waits trying to contact customer service at Ibuypower, only to be told there is a hold up, but they don't know what??

It appears to me Cyberpower and Ibuypower are one in the same, if not literally, they are as far as service!

Edited by Chazman - 27 Mar 2009 at 6:31pm
IP IP Logged
wingers17

bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:50pm
Patience is a virtue.  I am very happy with Cyberpower.  Hopefully it will work out for you.
Sigma Dragon Print Windstorm Case
AMD PHENOM II X4 940 3.0GHZ
4 GB Mem 650Watt PS              
BIOSTAR TA790GX MB    
ATI RADEON HD 5850
IP IP Logged
Itsawhiz

bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:31pm
I have had only a positive experience with Cyberpower. Unlike some others who seem to experience difficulty in dealing with bad issues. I do sympathize with them, although dealing with the trails and tribulations of life should make them more patient individuals. I would suspect that after all is said and done, satisfied customers are far more prominent then dissatisfied ones. It is just that dissatisfied customers are louder and more voiced. 
Again, I am satisfied with the service and advice that Cyberpower has provided at a lesser expense then Ibuypower.
Intel I7 920 OC 4 Ghz Stable
ASUS P6T Deluxe w Asetek LCLC
Corsair Dominator 1333 3x2G
Sapphire ATI 4870 1G
Thermaltake Spedo, Nzxt Sentry
Velociraptor 150G, 1 T HD
25" Hannspree LCD
IP IP Logged
Mattyb710

bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 11:48pm
I hear a lot of excuses about how dissatisfied customers are the loudest and most prominent. After hearing it so many times it starts to sound like a hollow excuse.

Anyway...

Cyberpower has some issues that they really need to work on. There is no excuse for some of them. I would say the company was started by a person (or people) who know computers, but unfortunately don't know much about how to run a business. They are doing an adequate job at best. If they manage to straighten up a little they can easily become the best custom PC builder around.
IP IP Logged
briannn
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 12:16am
whatever mattyb710 said
IP IP Logged
KennyPowers
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 10:47am
sounds like they need to hire some people with managment degrees and/or hire a new human resource department.
IP IP Logged
wingers17

bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Mattyb710

I hear a lot of excuses about how dissatisfied customers are the loudest and most prominent. After hearing it so many times it starts to sound like a hollow excuse.

Still a lot of satisfied people aren't here on the forum, they are playing on their computers...
Sigma Dragon Print Windstorm Case
AMD PHENOM II X4 940 3.0GHZ
4 GB Mem 650Watt PS              
BIOSTAR TA790GX MB    
ATI RADEON HD 5850
IP IP Logged
Chazman
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 2:02pm
and how many pissed off customers who got their refunds are sticking around to spread the Caveat Emptor, besides me, most just leave to never be heard from again.

False promises and shoddy service has no excuise.

Edited by Chazman - 28 Mar 2009 at 2:02pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version