Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Build & Compability Questions
 CyberPower Forum : Hardware : Build & Compability Questions
Message Icon Topic: Gtx 690 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
ScorpTail

Online Status: Offline
Quote ScorpTail Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:06am
Hey Future 690GTX club owner Revo,

Any updates from your end? My ship date is meant to be tomorrow the 23rd, but it is still stuck on 'Warehouse' Stage. So I am guessing more delays.

nVidia still has a worldwide shortage of 680's | 690's -- So might be a few weeks more. Ouch

I am 99% sure I was the 1st to place an order for a build with the 690, so will update when CP finally ships to update others who ordered.

The other key components FYI
- IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz
- Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling System (Push-Pull)
- 2 x 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4
- 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz - Corsair Vengeance
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard
- 1200 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M Gold Modular 80 Plus Power Supply
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Dual GPU Video Card
- Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower

Edited by ScorpTail - 22 May 2012 at 8:12am
IP IP Logged
jlc767

Quote jlc767 Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:53am
I ordered my custom PC (with a GTX 670) last Wednesday (5/16) with same-day processing and 1-day shipping. Received a phone call from Cyberpower later that afternoon saying they are holding ALL GTX 600-series cards "until Nvidia releases updated drivers". They refunded the ~$100 same-day processing fee. Not sure I believe the whole "updated drivers" story considering the worldwide shortage on GTX 600-series cards; I assume they're simply out of stock.

As of today (5/22) my "estimated shipping date" is next Thursday (5/31). So, yeah, it sucks, but I don't think Cyberpower can do anything about it, really.

Edited by jlc767 - 22 May 2012 at 9:59am
IP IP Logged
Wrathchilde

Quote Wrathchilde Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by jlc767

I ordered my custom PC (with a GTX 670) last Wednesday (5/16) with same-day processing and 1-day shipping. Received a phone call from Cyberpower later that afternoon saying they are holding ALL GTX 600-series cards "until Nvidia releases updated drivers". They refunded the ~$100 same-day processing fee. Not sure I believe the whole "updated drivers" story considering the worldwide shortage on GTX 600-series cards; I assume they're simply out of stock.

As of today (5/22) my "estimated shipping date" is next Thursday (5/31). So, yeah, it sucks, but I don't think Cyberpower can do anything about it, really.

I have read a few posts from folks having tearing and other problems with the 680 cards.  From what I gathered, the 680 drivers had not been updated in a long time, while the 670/690 used a newer driver and was working fine.  I can't vouch for the validity of that.

I can vouch for the validity of the 600 series cards being in short supply, to put it mildly.  I waited 38 days for my build to start with a 680, 4/9 to 5/17.  I'll post up any issues I find with the 680, but as I said, it might not apply to the 670/690.
IP IP Logged
DGWalker

Quote DGWalker Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by jlc767

Not sure I believe the whole "updated drivers" story considering the worldwide shortage on GTX 600-series cards; I assume they're simply out of stock.

While I also believe it's an inventory problem there is also quite a bit of bitching on the Nvidia website about driver issues. Seems almost like the monkey and the football deal...

Phenom II X6 1100T
HAF 932 Blue
GA-990FXA-UD3
GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950
16GB G.Skill Ares 1866MHz
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2TB SATA III
PCP&C 950W 80+ Silver
Antec KUHLER H2O 920
IP IP Logged
Revocation

Quote Revocation Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:53pm
Just wanted to give you all a quick update.  UPS delivered my rig earlier this afternoon so i can now officially confirm that the GTX 690 does in fact exist!!

Aside from a couple of the fans coming unplugged from the power source, it looks like the computer made the trip to Colorado pretty well and CP did a great job wiring and putting the machine together.  I installed Windows 7 and did a quick stress test with Prime95 and Furmark.  It looks like all the components are working great.  I work in the evening so I haven't had a chance to game on it yet but boy am I glad it's a long weekend coming up. Smile

I'll put up some pics in the next couple days so you guys can check it out.  I may have to put a mirror on the bottom of my case so I can see the sick architecture of the underside of the video card with out straining my neck!

Good luck with your rig coming soon Scorp, that thing is going to be a beast!
IP IP Logged
Revocation

Quote Revocation Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:52pm
Here's a few pics for y'all to take a look at:

This is pretty much exactly as it came to me except I switched the side panel on the case for an after market one with a window.  The case is a bit bigger than I expected (the GPU looks a little lonley in there) but I'm happy to have the extra space for good air movement.  I'd also like to do a little more sometime down the road with the lighting and maybe re-sleeve some of the the PSU cables to trick out the inside a little more!

Here's the specs on my setup if you're wondering:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Gaming Case
CD: LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive

CPU: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache  
FAN: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer
HDD: 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4
HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Kingston HyperX
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Sabertooth Z77
POWERSUPPLY: 1,200 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold  
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690

Edited by Revocation - 27 May 2012 at 2:55pm
IP IP Logged
yuanyelss

Quote yuanyelss Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 3:04am
1000 full implementation of the computer, never to leave positive feedback.
This summer cool Black leather pumps sandals 2012 at CWMALLS
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version