Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customer Feedback
 CyberPower Forum : Feedback : Customer Feedback
Message Icon Topic: Three times to factory still broken Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Casey

Online Status: Offline
Quote Casey Replybullet Topic: Three times to factory still broken
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 8:43pm
I bought a 2000 dollar Cyberpower computer with money I saved forever. I was so excited. Now, I am a very unhappy customer which has just about given up hope. I took this machine to the Cyberpower factory three times for repair and I still have a broken computer. Sadly, the issue has to do with old and non-compatible firmware that was loaded into the motherboard for this computer and sold this way. How I know this? I paid Microsoft to diagnose the computer. They called the factory to help me get a real fix, rather then another hardware replace that was not even needed; which is what happened on my first two visits. On my third visit and more time away from my computer they fixed half of the problems with the Microsoft info... but sadly not all of them. I wish I would have just returned the computer at this point. A person should not have to regret a 2000 dollar purchase. I am plain tired of going back and forth from the factory for a promised fix, only to be disappointed. I cannot imagine how other customers that have this model feel. Especially if they had to pay shipping.
IP IP Logged
ilikepie123123

Quote ilikepie123123 Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:55pm
Post your specs.
IP IP Logged
Casey

Quote Casey Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:59pm
Part Number GLC1802
Class Systems
Category Desktops & Servers
Title CyberpowerPC Fang III GLC1802 w/ Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz Gaming Computer
UPC Code 0089216701003
Country of Origin USA
Short Description CyberpowerPC Fang III GLC1802 w/ Intel i7-3820 CPU, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD7950, 2TB HDD,
60GB SSD, 12 x Blu-Ray Player Combo, Liquid Cooling & Win 7 Home 64-Bit
Long Description
Game on with the CyberpowerPC Fang III GLC1802 powered by an Intel Core i7-3820. Liquid cooled for
maximum speed, loaded with 16GB of RAM, and packing an AMD Radeon HD 7950 this PC is ready to
take on any task. Ultra fast 60GB SSD and 2TB hard drive means no compromise in storage.
Main Specifications
Brand CyberpowerPC
Type Personal Computer
Form Factor Tower
Unit Dimension (WxDxH) 9.3" x 22.9" x 22.4"
Shipping Dimension (WxDxH) 16" x 29" x 26"
Unit Weight 65 lbs
Shipping Weight 70 lbs
Chassis Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full-Tower Case
Processor Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge- E / 3.6GHz
Processor Socket LGA2011 Socket
Processor Main Features Intel Hyper Threading Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache
Cache Per Processor 10MB
CPU Fan Liquid Cooling System
Motherboard Intel X79 Express
Expansion Slots Total (Free) 3 ( 2 ) x pci express x16
2 ( 2 ) x pci express x1
2 ( 2 ) x pci
4 ( 0 ) x dimm 240-pin
Interfaces 2 x PS/2
4 x Super-Speed USB 3.0 ( 2 front, 2 rear )
8 x Hi-Speed USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type A ( 2 front, 6 rear )
1 x IEEE 1394
1 x eSATA 6GB/s
1 x network RJ-45
Audio
1 x Optical S/PDIF
RAM 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
Storage Controller Serial ATA (Serial ATA - 3.0 Gb/s) ; Serial ATA (Serial ATA - 6.0 Gb/s)
Hard Drive 1 x 2 TB Standard - Serial ATA - 6.0 Gb/s
Hard Drive (2nd) 1 x 60 GB Solid State - Serial ATA - 6.0 Gb/s
Optical Storage 12 x Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo
Graphics Controller AMD Radeon HD7950 - PCI Express x 16
Video Memory 3GB
Digital Video Standard DVI / HDMI / Mini DisplayPort
Power Supply 1000 Watt - AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz)
Keyboard Xtreme Gear USB Keyboard
Mouse Xtreme Gear USB Mouse
Audio Output Integrated - High Definition 7.1 Channel Audio
Networking Network Adaptor - 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Media Card Reader 12 in 1 Media Card Reader
IP IP Logged
ilikepie123123

Quote ilikepie123123 Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:17pm
I see that you brought it from a retailer. Could you tell me what power supply brand you have? Also, what happens to the computer, like does it freeze or randomly shuts down?
IP IP Logged
Casey

Quote Casey Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:31pm
I have no idea what the power supply brand is. But the issue has been tracked at this point. It is the firmware in the motherboard that was released with little testing. The last time I went to Cyberpower for a fix, they used the Microsoft info to track this issue. The company by the name of Broadcom had released 14 different error fix's that address everything from Registry errors to Card reader drivers. Cyberpower left the folders on my desktop. I wish I knew how to put these in myself. I suspect only some were put in. As most my big errors like System freeze when watching you tube videos has gone away. So when they put in one of these fix's it was certainly the issue. This also fixed the mouse and keyboard not shutting off at at shut down problem as well. But the Card reader not shutting down or recognizing SD cards still remains. ( I see a folder that addresses this, but have no idea how to use the stuff in this update folder to fix it, as it ask for service personnel to change registry data. I know better then to mess with this. As my computer knowledge stops at registry changes. ) But the biggest issue that still remains is that I get Blue screens randomly at start up. MMS shuts down due to errors, and I get a Shadow Volume error all the time. It's a real mess. Any advice would be whole hardily appreciated.

ADDITION: I also have got this error right out of the box: Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          4/24/2012 12:39:39 PM
Event ID:      35
Task Category: None
Level:        Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Casey-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\MovieMaker.Exe".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\WLMFDS.DLL" on line 8. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is WLMFDS,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.1". Definition is WLMFDS,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.1". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">35</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-04-24T19:39:39.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6390</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Casey-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
</System>
<EventData>
    <Data>WLMFDS,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.1"</Data>
    <Data>WLMFDS,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.1"</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\MovieMaker.Exe</Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\WLMFDS.DLL</Data>
    <Data>8</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Edited by Casey - 24 Apr 2012 at 1:40pm
IP IP Logged
ilikepie123123

Quote ilikepie123123 Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 2:02pm
I think the problem might be the power supply, im not sure. Cyberpower sells these poor crappy cheap power supplies made by a company called Xtreme Gear. I think you have one. Their power supplies are mostly the cause of most of the problems on the forum. It can damage or maybe destroy most of your hardware in your pc. When it damages components in your pc, it can cause blue screens or randomly shut your pc down. Similar to your problem, you have blue screens and errors. I   suggest you to replace the power supply if you know how to. I cant promise it will fix your problem, but if i were you i would try. Power supplies usually have labels on the side of them telling the company. Since you brought it from a retailer, i wont know what psu it is.

If you want to try to replace your psu, i would reccomend you try getting this or any other 850 watt or more powersupply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022&Tpk=corsair%20850

A xtreme gear psu looks like this, look inside your psu to see if it is similar looking with xtreme gear on it.
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/spec/getspec.aspx?n=POWERSUPPLY&v=1%2C000%20Watts%20-%20Standard%20Power%20Supply%20-%20SLI%2FCrossFireX%20Ready%20

If it dosent work, your pc might be damaged already. If its damaged, you should just get a refund if you can . You can always build a pc, and if you are willing to give cyberpower a second chance (likely not) then order from cyberpowers actual website. If its not because of damaged components, then i'm out of solutions.

Edited by ilikepie123123 - 24 Apr 2012 at 2:08pm
IP IP Logged
Casey

Quote Casey Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 2:10pm
Thanks for the help anyways. I am going to try a clean re-install of windows and see if I can find help to put in all these updates/firmware. Wish me luck.
IP IP Logged
QuackQuack

Quote QuackQuack Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 10:26am
If you are still having problems with them, get your bank/credit card company involved and let them know you were sold a "lemon."
CyberPower's return policy may be that you only have 30 days for a full refund, but your bank/CC will refund your money.
IP IP Logged
GAN1957

Quote GAN1957 Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:10pm
Yep the Lemon law may help you.

There have been issues with the AMD CPU locking up.

Your first error is about movie maker, appears to lead you back to the CPU architecture..

Look here about "shadow Volume">>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
IP IP Logged
DGWalker

Quote DGWalker Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by GAN1957

There have been issues with the AMD CPU locking up.

The CPU is an Intel i7-3820 though; the only AMD part in there appears to be a Radeon 7950...

Phenom II X6 1100T
HAF 932 Blue
GA-990FXA-UD3
GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950
16GB G.Skill Ares 1866MHz
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2TB SATA III
PCP&C 950W 80+ Silver
Antec KUHLER H2O 920
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic