Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Desktop
 CyberPower Forum : Hardware : Desktop
Message Icon Topic: Check out my build Post Reply Post New Topic
n4te1

Online Status: Offline
Quote n4te1 Replybullet Topic: Check out my build
    Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 8:15pm
EDIT:

Well after doing some research i learned that the stock psu's are bad news.. so last night i ordered a SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Modular Power Supply, its due to arrive on Monday, the pc will be here on Wednesday. So i will take out the stock psu, and rewire with this one. I also placed an order on ebay and picked up an additional 6 140mm fans to pack this sucker with air flow. I've been reading reviews on this case all week, and people love it. I'm thrilled to the bone.. HOWEVER, i noticed there's a second package coming with my computer? any idea's what it is?

so I ordered this computer and it has taken a little over a month for a fully custom pc that had 2 back ordered items. (the ssd and the 7970) Its not here yet but i'm more than happy with the customer support I've received from Carlo C., and the constant nagging from me hasn't made him angry, he's gladly updated me every step of the way. SO far 5 stars cyberpower. now lets see when it comes. WILL BE UPDATING THIS THREAD WITH PICTURES AND A VIDEO. A fellow i work with has also ordered his SECOND cyberpower pc and he's happy with the service as well. I say this because of all the horror stories i've read.. seems to be the happy guys don't make it here to compliment them, just the unhappy folks. will keep everyone posted.

Hello guys, just ordered a new computer. Shopped around quite a bit. Decided that the cost of parts through cyberpower was cheaper than obtaining them on my own and building it myself. Will be making memory upgrades in the near future, wanted to try out the hyper-x first.

here she is

CyberPower Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE (NO MONITOR) i have 3 hp 20 inch lcd's now.. cant wait!!
INF8800PROSEZ, http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Gamer_Infinity_8800_Pro_SE/
*BASE_PRICE: [+1739]
BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: NZXT Switch 810 Hybird Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Dual 140MM Pivot Fan Slots and Front USB 3.0
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-40] (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Six-Core 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified) [+300]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CS: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 120GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 515MB/s Write [+23] (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory [-54] (Kingston HyperX)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: (4-Way SLI Support) Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ ROG Connect, UEFI BIOS, BT GO, OC Key, Subzero Sense & 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 5 Gen3 PCIe X16 & 1 PCIe X1 [+250]
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
NCSW: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS [+69]
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+2287)

Edited by n4te1 - 16 Mar 2012 at 9:14pm
IP IP Logged
DGWalker

Quote DGWalker Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:41pm
By far the biggest problem: that crappy 800 watt "Standard Power Supply". Spend an extra $76 and get the 850 watt, 80+ Bronze Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2; if you need to "pay" for it, that case might look nice but it's short on function for the price. The HAF 912 saves you $77. The SSD is a poor choice due to it's quirky Sandforce controller; for gaming the 120GB Intel 320 is much better (it uses a proprietary controller), or for video editing/3d rendering the 128GB Plextor PX-128M2P is the best price/performance model. The liquid cooler should be push-pull for best results, and the RAM should be 4GBx2.

If this is a gaming computer, your best bet is to cancel the order and rebuild it using the Gamer Xtreme 1000 SE base with an i5-2550K processor. An i7, especially a six core, is overkill for gaming, since the only difference between an i7 and an i5 is the i7's hyperthreading that's not used in games; the i5 will save you $100+. Note also that CP -- and everyone else -- has had a very hard time with inventory on the i7-3930K.

But...that Standard PSU must go!   
Phenom II X6 1100T
HAF 932 Blue
GA-990FXA-UD3
GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950
16GB G.Skill Ares 1866MHz
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2TB SATA III
PCP&C 950W 80+ Silver
Antec KUHLER H2O 920
IP IP Logged
n4te1

Quote n4te1 Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:33am
The main objective behind the pc for the most part is to run options trading software and charting on multiple displays. Having the multiple cores is definitley going to be important. i realize the psu is somewhat of a pos, but its something i can change out in the future. the drive had great reviews. Thanks for your input i'll keep those suggestions in mind for any future modifications. pics coming soon :)
IP IP Logged
DGWalker

Quote DGWalker Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by n4te1

the drive had great reviews.

It might have good reviews, but check into the reliability of it's Sandforce controller. The Plextor I referenced has the Marvell controller, which has a much better record on reliability. The best, fastest SSD is no good if it fails, and Sandforce-based SSDs fail far more often...

Phenom II X6 1100T
HAF 932 Blue
GA-990FXA-UD3
GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950
16GB G.Skill Ares 1866MHz
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2TB SATA III
PCP&C 950W 80+ Silver
Antec KUHLER H2O 920
IP IP Logged
n4te1