Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customer Service & Tech Support
 CyberPower Forum : Support : Customer Service & Tech Support
Message Icon Topic: Still having trouble with new machine Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
hotshotnc2

Online Status: Offline
Quote hotshotnc2 Replybullet Topic: Still having trouble with new machine
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 6:47pm

We already sent the machine back once to be "repaired" and got it back with the same vexing problem.  We first start the machine,  leave it sit,  then when we try to install something or start up a game the system crashes and reboots.

Customer ID:  k8uwu8
We tried different video cards, issue still there.  Tried testing with only one stick of memory in the system and then we couldn't even get video to come on.
IP IP Logged
GAN1957

Quote GAN1957 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:18am
Post your build specs, so members can help.

Memory may take "two" modules at a time.

Have you tried the power supply test in the first thread in this section?
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
IP IP Logged
CyberHD
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote CyberHD Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:07pm
I see that when the system shipped back on 9/1, the tech replaced the motherboard, ram and power supply for you to rule out any other issues. Incase you get bsod's, can you provide a picture of the blue screen? You could also download a program called bluescreenview which will allow you to see the bsod's once in windows again. If by crash and reboot you do not mean bsod, than can you please explain what "crash" means to you?

Please post more details and specs (including hardware you may have added) for others to also help provide you with some input and see if we can help you solve your issues.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
IP IP Logged
hotshotnc2

Quote hotshotnc2 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:26pm
Wasnt sure they replaced the memory or not but glad to know.  Nothing new has been added so its the same build.  At this point I'm wondering if the CPU is the culprit.  No BSOD.  Crash I mean that the screen goes dark and immediately reboots, power supply fan cranks up and then I lose the video.  I have to shut down, unplug the power and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to be able to get the system to power back on with video.  I also reloaded the OS with the recovery CD just to rule out Windows and it still does the same thing on a fresh load.
The strange part is that sometimes if you do nothing and just leave the computer alone it will boot sometimes to windows and will stay up for hours,  start up a game or try to install something like Adobe Flash and it immediately goes to a black screen and reboots.

By the way, sorry for being so vague at the beginning.  Here are the specs:

Gamer Ultra CrossFireX Pro (NO MONITOR)
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_CrossFireX_Pro/

CARE1: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
CAS: Raidmax Blackstorm Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 180MM Side-Panel Fan and One-Click Side Panel (Black Color [+0])
CD: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+3] (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢II X6 1100T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heatsink Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
OS: * Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: * 1,000 Watts - Thermaltake W0132RU ToughPower Modular, 80 Plus Certified, Quad SLI Ready, CrossfireX Ready & Active PFC Power Supply [+171]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+152] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+152] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
IP IP Logged
hotshotnc2

Quote hotshotnc2 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 8:57pm
Ok Here is a video I took with my brother. 

Takes a few minutes but you get the idea.  At the start the system is up and running, I stand up to start a ping to yahoo.com.  I sit back down and start talking about the issue and then it happens,  the screen goes out and the system reboots.

Any thoughts?
IP IP Logged
hotshotnc2

Quote hotshotnc2 Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 7:34pm

no response?  Seriously?

IP IP Logged
Kemoclaw

Quote Kemoclaw Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:57pm

My suggestion would be to try and contact Tech Support. They can hopefully help out.

Have you tried to run the PC on one videocard? I see you have yours crossfired my suggestion take one out and try them seperately. 

Next if you have an extra one laying around try a different harddrive in your pc see if that is the culprit.  Id say a bad harddrive is more likely than a bad cpu or videocard but this atleast gives you some options.

If neither of these work then let us know and ill see if i can think of something else in the meantime.

Also checked the MoBo out and there are lots of negative reviews on it.  So may be the motherboard again.

Edited by Kemoclaw - 01 Dec 2011 at 9:06pm
I7-2600K OC 4.0 GHz
Corsair 8GB XMS
SC EVGA GTX 570 1.2 GB
Asetek 570LX
TT Toughpower XT 875w
Gigabyte Z68MA MB
Killer Xeno Pro
Xion Predator 970
IP IP Logged
loyalcustomer

Quote loyalcustomer Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:53am
I had this exact same thing happen to me and it turned out that the pump on my liquid cooler had died.  Unfortunately by this time your CPU may have took some damage from the overheating (if this is the case).  I would make sure your pump is running.  Normally if a PC shuts down when trying to run a game or anything that "taxes" it, it could be heat related.
IP IP Logged
CyberHD
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote CyberHD Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:24pm
As said above, check your cpu temps. Most AMD processors seem to have issues once they hit about 64-66c.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
IP IP Logged
hotshotnc2

Quote hotshotnc2 Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:58am
Ok Cyberpower. so Finally I get a RMA to ship this PC back to you for the second time and now you tell me I have to pay to ship it back. Not very happy with you right now to say the least. You had better test this machine very well and make sure it can at least do what it says it can do. Such as play a game!!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version