Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30455: Argument not specified for parameter 'c' of 'Public Shared Function CalcSystemShippingCharge(m As String, c As String, w As Single, ByRef d As Single, [sCountry As String = "US"], [sState As String = ""], [bHasMonitor As Boolean = False]) As Single'.

Source Error:

Line 305:        End Select
Line 306:
Line 307:        CalcSystemShippingCharge = charge - d
Line 308:    End Function
Line 309:

Source File: D:\web\us2012\App_Code\CartUtils.vb    Line: 307

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4247; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4252
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customer Service & Tech Support
 CyberPower Forum : Support : Customer Service & Tech Support
Message Icon Topic: Overheating - Computer Shutdown Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
MadMaverick

Online Status: Offline
Quote MadMaverick Replybullet Topic: Overheating - Computer Shutdown
    Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 10:03pm
Okay,
I received the computer roughly three days ago. The issue I am having is in regards to gaming and specifically the GPU. When I initially ran Shogun 2, while I was at the main menu, the computer shut down completely, first the monitor turned off and then about 15 seconds later the tower turned off. I booted the computer up again and ran BFBC2. I had the same issue, the computer shut down after about 5 minutes into the game. I booted up and checked Event Viewer. There were some warnings and errors, but the most particular one was: "System shutdown due to graphics card overheating."  I took a look at the Catalyst controls to see what was up. I was running Crossfire, so I checked the settings. I found AMD Overdrive to be turned on, so I turned it off thinking it was running my GPUs harder than needed. I then ran BFBC2 in windowed mode so I could monitor the GPU Temps via Catalyst. In over an hour of game play, the temps stayed below 78 C and the fan ran under 78%. I figured I had solved the issue. I left the computer and came back an hour later to run Shogun 2 again. After booting up, I got further into the game before the computer once again shut down completely with no warning. I booted up and checked again and found only the following warnings in Event Viewer:
-"The previous system shutdown at 12:24:04 AM on ‎8/‎14/‎2011 was unexpected."
-"{tid=9BC}
-------------------------------------------------------- Initialized client log (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt)"
-"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

The issue seems to be with the GPUs temps. The room temp is around 75 F, the HDD temp (according to the case) is 88 F.

Any and all advice is appreciated. I am at this point leading towards the GPUs being faulty, but this issue combined with the lack of a response in terms of the rebates does not create a satisfied customer.

Specs:
CAS: * Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display [-52] (Black Color with 200mm UV Blue LED Fan)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1100T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+24]
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FREEGAME_VC02: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Coupon: Total War [+0]
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-41] (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+10] (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heatsink Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card
VIDEO2: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

**Update** It seems running the programs in window mode seems to alleviate the issue, but full screen still causes issue.

**Update** Ran Shogun 2 in DirectX 9 in window mode, no problem. Ran BFBC2 with Crossfire off, full-screen, no problem. I am thinking one of the GPUs is bad, not both.

Edited by MadMaverick - 14 Aug 2011 at 2:05am
IP IP Logged
RepTexas

Quote RepTexas Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 7:43am
Possibly your power supply. Try running one gpu at a time with games im full screen, could be you that powersupplu can longer hande both cards.   There is many a threads with that final outcome.
IP IP Logged
hunter2618

Quote hunter2618 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 8:25am
ur power supply sucks switch it out with a corsair 850w
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
IP IP Logged
MadMaverick

Quote MadMaverick Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Okay, CyberPowerPC recommended a 750 watts PSU. I picked an 800W PSU to compensate. I find it very flawed by CyberPowerPC that if they truly tested the computer they would know that it required a better PSU.

I also find it hard to believe that 800W is not enough for the computer via the specs. Can anyone enlighten me to possible wattage usages that would lead to it being an issue with the PSU?

And also, what is the policy by CyberPowerPC in regards to an issue like this.  Thanks for everything gents.
IP IP Logged
MadMaverick

Quote MadMaverick Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:21am
Called CyberPowerPC, contacted them via email, and also attempted "Live Chat" all to no avail.

Issue still exists, although I am leaning towards the PSU as the culprit. I must say though that I am still a bit disturbed about the "System shutdown due to graphics card overheating." Part of me thinks I have both bad quality(?) PSU and a faulty GFX.
IP IP Logged
vegence

Quote vegence Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:09pm
sounds like a power supply failure.....

cyber power always recommends the xtremegear brand power supplys. they must have some partenership or something with them. however, xtremegear is utter crap. over half the problems people come here with are directly related to xtremegear power supplys. they do not provide the watts they advertise and have no ripple supression parts. if you notice, the xtremegear power supplys are alot cheaper than most any other brand for what they advertise as a comparable watts. this should tell you something. you really do get what you pay for.

personally i wouldnt even cut the machine back on until i changed that power supply. you could RMA it back to cyber power but all they will do is put another xtremegear power supply back into your rig. it might last a day. it might last a year. but it will eventually damage the rest of your components. and ultimately shorten the life of your computer.

id recommened doing as hunter said and go to newegg or tiger direct and buy a corsair branded 850 watt power supply. you could also look into coolermaster and thermaltake (toughpower) brands. there are many other good brands and models also. if you go this route then come back here and list what you will buy and we can look into wether its a realiable choice.
IP IP Logged
MadMaverick

Quote MadMaverick Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by vegence

sounds like a power supply failure.....

cyber power always recommends the xtremegear brand power supplys. they must have some partenership or something with them. however, xtremegear is utter crap. over half the problems people come here with are directly related to xtremegear power supplys. they do not provide the watts they advertise and have no ripple supression parts. if you notice, the xtremegear power supplys are alot cheaper than most any other brand for what they advertise as a comparable watts. this should tell you something. you really do get what you pay for.

personally i wouldnt even cut the machine back on until i changed that power supply. you could RMA it back to cyber power but all they will do is put another xtremegear power supply back into your rig. it might last a day. it might last a year. but it will eventually damage the rest of your components. and ultimately shorten the life of your computer.

id recommened doing as hunter said and go to newegg or tiger direct and buy a corsair branded 850 watt power supply. you could also look into coolermaster and thermaltake (toughpower) brands. there are many other good brands and models also. if you go this route then come back here and list what you will buy and we can look into wether its a realiable choice.

Well I was able to get in touch with CyberPowerPC Live Chat. The tech had me swap the gfxs and ram around. The computer seemed to work fine after that. Then the temp spiked, and the test I was running (BFBC2) crashed as well as the OS, although the computer did not shut off this time. I then got back on Live Chat, the same tech had me move the ram to the "correct" slots. I have been running the computer since with no issues, the temps seem to be good. Although I must say the 90-95 F internal case temp bothers me considering it starts around 78 F and goes higher from there.

Also after I re-seated the ram, I was running BFBC2 with no issues until I noticed the game screen started to flicker a bit at some parts, I moved the computer slightly to improve airflow and the issue went away. Although I figure the flicker could be a heat issue or more than likely just a software/driver issue.

Anyway, the computer seems fine for now, I am looking into an OSZ PSU. Although I would really like the quietest/coolest (temperature-wise) PSU I could get, so recommendations are welcomed. I keep the tower in a 2'x10"x2" enclosure, so having anything to help keep the heat out would be great. Also the tower exhausts heat out the back, which is about 10" from the wall.
IP IP Logged
hunter2618

Quote hunter2618 Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:23am
glad to hear its running, get a Corsair 850w power supply
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
IP IP Logged
CyberHD
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote CyberHD Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:36am
Keep an eye on temps in that case. It seems real compact and not that great of airflow for a crossfire or sli setup. The side panel fan looks to also blow more towards the top end of the motherboard, avoiding the video cards. A different psu with a better fan on it may lower your temps. With mid towers, your video card is gonna be sitting right on top of the psu so if your psu is running hot, that heat is going to rise right onto the video cards.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
IP IP Logged
MadMaverick

Quote MadMaverick Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:54am
Well I have been consistently monitoring the temps, and right before every crash, the temps are normal. GPU is at 72 C, and the CPU is at about 40 C, this being under use right before the crash.

I thought the system was fixed after I moved the ram around and ran a chkdisk & defrag. It seemed to work fine for about a few hours, until it crashed again. The monitor shut off, but the tower stayed on. Then The monitor came back on and was hanging at the MOBO Start Menu.

I am contacting tech support (waiting about 1 hour so far) again for the third time today hoping to resolve this issue. I will look into another PSU, I just want the computer to run.

Also in regards to the case's airflow, The left panel fan actually blows air right on top of both upper video cards as well as the PSU. I am tempted to mount an additional fan on the Computer, just unsure as to where, considering the PSU exhaust fan and the Cooling System exhaust fan are on the back end. I am not a 100% sure though that there is a fan in the front, I will have to take a good.

Looking to replace the PSU with either:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139029
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153106

Edited by MadMaverick - 16 Aug 2011 at 11:31am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version