Extended Warranty Plan
Cyberpower, Inc. ("Company") offers the following extended warranty plans:
- "Four Year Extended Warranty Plan": Includes coverage for two years parts beginning from the date of purchaser's invoice. This plan also qualifies for our Free 4 year Labor Service Plan and Free Life-Time Technical Support beginning from the date of purchaser's invoice.
- "Five Year Extended Warranty Plan": Includes coverage for three years parts beginning from the date of purchaser's invoice. This plan also qualifies for our Free 5 year Labor Service Plan and Free Life-Time Technical Support beginning from the date of purchaser's invoice.
(referred to individually as "Plan" or collectively as "Plans") for a new desktop or notebook computer system sold by Company ("Product").
Plans commence upon the end of the Product's Limited Warranty term. Plans are offered for purchase only by the original buyer of the Product at the time the Product is purchased, for an additional cost. Transfer or assignment of a Plan is not permitted.
Upon your purchase of a Plan, the Company shall, for the duration of the Plan, provide you with all of the services and functional parts that may be necessary to maintain proper operation of the Product under normal operation and service, without additional charge. Company shall have the sole discretion in determining whether a Product, service, or part is covered under a Plan. Plans exclude:
- Software, external devices, accessories or other parts added to the Product after the system is shipped from Company or not originally installed by the Company at the time of purchase of the Product;
- Monitors, computer peripherals, and accessories included with the Product at the time of its purchase (with the exception of keyboards and mice included with the Product at the time of its purchase);
- Damage caused by abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, use with any parts not installed by the Company, service performed by anyone who is not a Company-authorized technician;
- Cosmetic damage to Product;
- Cleaning and preventive maintenance of the Product;
- Any shipping or handling charges to or from the Company factory or repair facility.
Company shall not be responsible for any software, data or other information (or loss thereof), or damage to the Product caused by shipping or during transit to the Company's facility. You should make periodic backup copies of any information contained on the Product to preserve content and protect against possible system failures.
To obtain service under the Plan, you should:
- Contact the Company at the telephone number provided above to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number. You will be asked for evidence of purchase of the Product and Plan, Company invoice number, description of goods including serial and model numbers, reason for requested service.
- Maintain a separate backup of information stored on the Product. Remove all personal information you wish to protect and disable all security passwords.
- Securely pack and Ship the Product(s) back to Company at its address listed above in the Product's original or equivalent packaging. Ensure that the RMA number is prominently displayed on the shipping label with return freight prepaid and include all original packaging, materials, manuals, and copy of invoice. All Products returned must be delivered to Company in an undamaged condition.
You are responsible for all costs of transporting the Product to and from the Company for service under the Plan. Company may refuse or reject merchandise for failure to follow the conditions set forth herein.
Once the Product is received by the Company, the Company's authorized technicians will evaluate the claim under the Plan and perform any approved service or repairs. The Company does not provide in-home service.
Plans may be cancelled and/or refunds obtained as follows:
- Within the first 30 days after receipt of the Plan: A buyer may obtain a refund of the full amount paid for the Plan if the buyer provides a written notice of cancellation to the Company at its address listed above.
- Between the first 30 - 45 days after receipt of the Plan: A buyer may obtain a pro rata refund and Company may assess a cancellation or administrative fee, not to exceed 10% of the price of the Plan or $25, whichever is less.
- After the first 45 days after receipt of the Plan, a Plan may not be cancelled.
- The effective date of cancellation is the date the Company receives your written notice of cancellation.
- Company reserves the right to cancel this Contract at any time in the event of fraud or material misrepresentation by you.
In the event the Product is sold, lost, sold, or destroyed, no cancellation of the Plan will be permitted.
The Company shall maintain Plan information, including a description of the terms and conditions, and provide that information to a buyer of the Plan upon request.